Search on web

Thursday

STEVE JOBS RESIGNS AS CEO OF APPLE

Terrible and sad news from Apple this afternoon:


CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Apple’s Board of Directors today announced that Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive Officer, and the Board has named Tim Cook, previously Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, as the company’s new CEO. Jobs has been elected Chairman of the Board and Cook will join the Board, effective immediately.


“Steve’s extraordinary vision and leadership saved Apple and guided it to its position as the world’s most innovative and valuable technology company,” said Art Levinson, Chairman of Genentech, on behalf of Apple's Board. “Steve has made countless contributions to Apple’s success, and he has attracted and inspired Apple’s immensely creative employees and world class executive team. In his new role as Chairman of the Board, Steve will continue to serve Apple with his unique insights, creativity and inspiration.”

Here's Steve's letter to the board and community:

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple''s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple''s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

There seems to be some frustration and confusion about why Steve didn't specify exactly why he was leaving. Unfortunately, we think he did specify it. See the first paragraph of his letter above.
This is tragic news, not just for Apple and the Apple community but for Silicon Valley and the country.

We wish Steve Jobs and his family all the best.

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised why other specialized don’t perceive your site I’m greatly cheerful I discovered this.CEO Mark Hurd

    ReplyDelete